If you want to review in which projects a particular programming language was used, I recommend to use the Technology Tag Cloud in the footer of this page.
August 2019 – today
Software Egnineer at Cornelsen (Berlin).
- Added Barcodescanner for mobile devices to https://www.cornelsen.de/codes to improve finding Cornelsen products via ISBN
- Frontend Tech Lead for https://lernen.cornelsen.de/
- Creating a team specific library to share and use feature modules in various applications and across multiple teams
- Interviewing frontend developers
- Won Cornelsen Hackathon 2020 in collaboration with Wacom
April 2015 – January 2019
Front End Lead, and leading PHP developer at Orchard (Sydney).
- Writing technical approaches
- Costings and effort estimations
- Prepare prototypes
- Work on projects (JS- or PHP focussed)
- Involved in the hiring process of new developers (frontend or PHP)
- Weekly resource management
- Team management: Upskill less experienced developers, 1 on 1’s, annual reviews
- Share any learning with the technical team
- Investigate new technologies and suggest improvements
September 2013 – April 2015
Web Developer (Permanent) at Orchard (Sydney).
August 2013 – September 2013
Web Developer (Contractor) at Orchard (Sydney).
July 2013 – August 2013
Frontend Developer (Contractor) Sapient Nitro (Sydney).
May 2012 – March 2013
Frontend Developer (Permanent) Visualjazz Isobar (Sydney).
November 2011 – April 2012
Web Developer (Contractor) at News Limited. Projects were delivered on time. Working holiday visum and contract with job hunter ‘interpro’ didn’t allow me to continue working for News Limited.
October 2009 – November 2011
Web Developer (Contractor) at 3m5. Media GmbH and Tschitschereengreen (Germany)
2006 – 2007
Undergraduate assistant at the Technical University of Dresden (Germany), Chair of Computer Networks
Casual Work Experience
2004 – 2009
Swim trainer at the University sports centre of the Technical University Dresden (Germany)Trainer for students in groups of up to 20 people. The main goal was to improve their swimming technique. The challenge was the various skill levels the students came with. Hence managing to get the weaker stronger and the people that were already at a higher level of fitness and skill still be challenged in getting even better.
1999 – 2004
Tutor for mathematics, english and french
2002 – 2009
Diploma (Master of Science) of Media Computer Science, TU Dresden, Faculty of Computer Science (Dresden, Germany).
Level: Graduate/Second degree by research with diploma thesis (6 months), 4.5 years integrated one-tier program
1993 – 2002
Abitur (Final secondary school examination), Norbert Gymnasium Knechtsteden, Dormagen.
Major field of study: Mathematics, Biology (Dormagen, Germany)
- German Mother tongue
- English Fluent
- French Very good
- Spanish Basic
- Driving License Class B
- Swimming Life Saving level silver, swim technique trainer for 5 years
- Writing Type by touch
- Databases IBM Certified Database Associate – DB2 9 Fundamentals
- English TU Certificate English Level 1
- Law ZIPR Certificate Intellectual Property Rights II – Copyright, Media-, Internet-Law