This was my first project based on Adobe’s CMS CQ5 which is being developed since 2009. Since I worked with CMS systems both on the basis of .NET and PHP and had in mind people telling me that Java is much slower than any of the other two programming languages I was wondering if I would experience that draw back.
In my opinion ‘performance’ is a very difficult area in regards to find out why a page is slow. There can be a huge amount of reasons for that ‘too many page requests’, ‘large images’, ‘deprecated or badly written code’ and so forth.
My experience with CQ5 was very good both in regards of the working cycle, I prefer its UI over .NET’s Sitecore UI and I didn’t experience any performance issues so far. Whereas I have to add that this campaign page would not be a proper testing application in regards to performance. Finally, I definetely would use it again.
- Platforms: Mobile, Tablet, Desktop
- Project Group: Greenfield
- HTML5: Yes
- Responsiveness: Responsiv
- Browser Compatibility: IE8+
- IDE: IntelliJ
- Server: AEM/CQX
- Platform: Windows
- Version Control: Git (Tortoise)
- Frontend Services
- Responsive cross browser compatible HTML template creation
- Creation of cross platform EDM templates
- General services